Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

3/9/09

"Lost in the Sauce Once Again"... Not Really Though

Sorry about the late post, my trusty computer spent the last few days at the Mac Spa getting a few kinks worked out of it. I got it back in time to post but with the driving to and from Reno to drop off and collect Mr. Mac the knife and with the time change and all I just didn't have my scheisse together.

It seems like Mother Nature is still trying to decide whether or not to let spring in, in fact she seems somewhat schizophrenic at the moment . On Saturday (3/7/09) I played ultimate in Reno and it was so warm most people were playing in shorts and tees. It was a beautiful sunny day. Today I woke up to a half inch of snow on the ground and as I drove back to Leonard Creek the weather changed from sunny and partly cloudy to a dark gray blizzard then changed back again to sunny and partly cloudy. I don't know what to expect next. I like that though, that's what is great about this time of year in northern Nevada. Tomorrow might be a nice sunny day in the 50s or it might be a blizzard...who knows. The weather reports are never reliable at this time of year either, things seem like they might go one way but chances are they will go the other. It's fun and keeps you on your toes. I once heard a weatherman say that there is a 70% chance that tomorrow will be exactly like today, I'm not sure if Nevada falls into that category, but I think that statistic is good to remember in life. Do you want all of your tomorrows to be exactly like today...even if today was great? It reminds me to try and add a little spice to my life each and every day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous you were playing ultimate in shorts and t-shirt ~ we did get a fun outing though, after a cow of course, but it was my first time chasing a cow on a bike, and then there was a little detour ~

Erin said...

chasing a cow on a bike. i wish i could have seen that.