Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

5/27/09

Back on Track

Since moving to the ranch I have not been going on my walk/runs. We don't have a set work schedule and a lot of the time we get to work pretty much right after we wake up, although we do tend to sleep in somewhat. Since there is no schedule I've been having a hard time figuring out when to go for my walk/run. If I don't do it right away in the morning I find that little tasks tend to fill up the time between our main tasks and results in me not going.

Last week I decided that I was going to reinstate my walk/runs and that I would do them first thing in the morning that way I won't get too busy doing other things. In the short time since I have reinstated them I have noticed that I just plain feel better, also they help get my day off to an energetic start and I've really been missing them. I'm going to to make sure I have some time in the mornings to get them in.

With the decision to reinstate the walk/runs I have decided to do the walk/runs every other day instead of everyday. I decided this because we do a lot of physical work here at the ranch and I don't want to burn myself out. Plus, we walk a lot here everyday. We either go on a hike or walk the fields when we're irrigating and walking around the ranch for our different tasks all adds up to a lot of walking.

In addition to the walk/runs Dan and I have signed up for the Reno ultimate summer league. I can't wait to start playing more disc. I've been missing it too since we've been at the ranch. We're not going to be able to make all the games, but we're going to try to get to as many as possible. Soooooooooooo excited!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure it's also nice to get some "me" time in. I'm glad you've restarted them too!

Erin said...

i've been trying to get back into such a routine myself. my jeans from mom arrived today and they fit great, just a teensy smidge too tight. perhaps my own waluns will help with that :)

working on the ranch sounds like so much fun! in an exhausting way. take care of yo self.