Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

7/8/09

Hello Mother!

Yay!!! My mother and Ozzie (my sister's dog) are visiting us here at the ranch. It has been a lot of fun. Yesterday we went for a nice walk, we checked out the pond and showed mom the general layout of the ranch. We then rode horses up Leonard Creek a few miles and looped back along the backside of TV mountain. Mom really enjoyed the scenery. It was cooler than it had been in the days before, which was nice and made riding very pleasant. In the evening we all went out to help Dan change the waters, the sunset was gorgeous with beautiful pinks, blues, and purples sending the sun to bed. When we finished with the waters we came back, made a bonfire and grilled pork. We also had a fresh garden salad and boiled swiss chard from the garden. The meal was awesome, very tasty. We grilled some canned pineapple, it was yummy, although it would have been better if it was fresh.

Today we are going up to Chicken Creek to change the waters. I'm excited to show mom part of the ranch that is higher up in the mountains and Chicken Creek is so beautiful I'm sure she will enjoy it. The dogs will have a blast up there too. I haven't downloaded any pictures from her trip yet, but I will try to later this week.

P.S. Thanks for visiting us mom and Ozzie!!!!

1 comment:

Margery said...

Thank you so much for inviting me! I had a grand time. It was so much fun to ride horses, a great way to see the ranch. Your garden is beautiful and the dinner was delicious! Yum makes me hungry thinking about it. Love, Mom