Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

10/27/09

Special Edition: All a Flutter


It's snowing outside today! Well, not snowing in the sense that anything is sticking to the ground, but a light fluttering here and there. You might miss it if you don't look or go outside at just the right time. It has been coming and going for several hours now. Just a bit here, just a bit there like little winter surprises.

This small preview of stormy weather is getting me excited for a big snow day, where everything will be covered with frozen white, sounds will be muffled by fluffy, cool powder and time will seem to stand still. I love the feeling snow brings, the cold nipping at my extremities reminding me that I'm a strong, living being, yet still fragile to the external environment. I also love bundling up and being toasty warm even though the world around me is a frozen wonderland. I can't wait!

No comments: