Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

7/29/11

Twin Lakes Reunion

The upper lake with mountains

Last weekend I went to Twin Lakes, CA to visit some friends of the family. Several of the people I grew up with, but hadn't seen in something like 10 years. It was wonderful to spend time in such a gorgeous place, catching up with old friends.

Twin Lakes is an amazingly beautiful place and I feel lucky that I have had the opportunity to spend as much time here as I have. Our friends own a couple of cabins in the area and as a kid I would come up with their family on holidays and in summer to play. It was a lot of fun. In summer there's swimming, hot springs, hiking and backpacking. In winter there's skiing, sledding, snowshoeing and hot tubbing. So much fun for a kid...and adults as well!!!

Unfortunately I did not take many pictures on this trip--I was too busy catching up and playing with everyone's cute kids.

Les and Dick on a morning hike.

Getting ready for the ice cream hike with the kiddos.

Enjoying ice cream in the sun!

Two of my great friends, father and daughter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So awesome! I'm sorry I missed it :) but I love the connection that you have with Twin Lakes, it is definitely your "place"

Erin said...

i'm glad you got to catch up with them! wonderful memories you've made with that family :)