Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

10/19/11

I Rant

Shortly after I left the computer yesterday, I remembered one of the topics that I was thinking of writing about and, I'm warning you now, this may turn into a bit of rant. I might use some swear words and I WILL be discussing bodily wastes, so If you are squeamish about any of these things, it would be best to stop reading here.

On Monday, I stopped a gas station in the town of Lovelock, I won't say which one, but if you've driven through Lovelock on I-80 you can probably figure it out. I stop there to use their restroom almost every time I drive through and although their thrones are not all that glamorous, they are usually just fine--especially when compared to all the gas station toilets I've used throughout my life.

Well, yesterday when I stopped for my usual bathroom break the toilet seat was absolutely covered in, a not so fine spray of, some other person's urine. It was disgusting. I understand that some people are scared of toilet seats and don't want to sit on them, but come on sisters, if you hover, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie! It ridiculous for people not to sit on the seat anyways. In my microbiology class we did the bacteria test, where we swabbed places from all over town, including toilet seats. Know what we found out, toilet seats are one of the cleanest things in a bathroom. It makes sense, they are cleaned everyday--often more than once a day. Check out this article from ABC. Really, the big issue in the spread of germs is hand washing, DO IT. The people who hover, pissing and pooping on the seats are the ones who make toilets seats gross, so STOP IT.

If you are still afraid of the toilet seat germs, most bathroom have those handy dandy little paper toilet seat covers, USE THEM!!! I use the covers in sani-huts, because even if they are clean, they just seem gross to me. And I'll admit it, I do hover from time to time in toilets that just seem nasty, but if I sprinkle while I tinkle, I clean it the F*** up! Haha, I should do a rendition of S. Jackson's version of "Go the F*** to Sleep" but make it, "Clean Your Piss-N-Shit the F*** up!"

Anyway, a friend of mine recently published a post on different kinds of rude people and she brought up people who don't wipe up after they make a mess on the toilet seat. After yesterdays visit to the gas station bathroom, I couldn't help but think of the her post and a comment someone left on it. Anonymous said something to the effect of "I shat all over a toilet seat the other day and since I didn't have my 409 on me and I didn't want to waste a bunch of toilet paper, I didn't clean the mess up." I'm sorry, but if you're so afraid of your own shit, why the hell would you make someone else clean it up for you! And, I may be the asshole here, but unless you are a baby or in someway medically incapable of doing it your self, you should be the only one who cleans up your piss and shit.

All right, all right, the rant is over. I apologize, but I guess it's a pet peeve of mine and usually, if it's just a little sprinkle, I clean it up myself, but yesterdays was all over the toilet seat and just plain disgusting--hence the rant.

Have a great day and remember: if you sprinkle while you tinkle be a sweetie and wipe the seatie! It's much appreciated--by pretty much everyone...even you.

1 comment: