Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

10/6/11

Just Another Day in the Rain!

Snow in the Santa Rosa Mountains!

Well, we did not work on weeds again yesterday. It was a fairly nasty day, it rained all morning and most of the afternoon. It even hailed on us a bit and the Santa Rosas got snow. Crazy! We can't spray when it's raining because the rain dilutes the chemical and washes it off of the plants. The plants then continue to live happy lives, growing and reproducing and our time spent spraying would have been wasted. We were going to drive out to do some weed monitoring, but Dave told us not to because apparently the roads get really bad in the rain. So, we ended up cleaning the office, working on the PDR and doing some paper work. Later in the day, however, someone tried to drive out to the wilderness area, but got stuck in the mud. The fire guys had to go rescue him--we were glad we took Dave's advice and didn't drive out.

The other day a bought a beginners acrylic paint set, just for fun. I broke it out last night and played with it for awhile. I have never really painted before, so this should be an interesting, if not comical, endeavor. I had fun mixing colors and painting simple flowers and crosses. I can't wait to play with it some more, maybe attempt a landscape or two.

My masterpiece, watch out Georgia O'keeffe!

I also bought a yoga DVD so I can get some exercise and stretching in while I'm out here. I'm such a goob though, I totally forgot that my computer doesn't have a cd drive. We bought an external one, but I didn't even think to bring it with me. Last night I got everything all ready; I had my comfy yoga pants on, I laid out my yoga pad, I had the lights nice and low and was all set to begin my new yoga routine. I pulled out my DVD and went to put it in the side of my computer--like I would on my mac--then realized "oh shit, this is not my mac, this is the pc and it has no cd drive!" Sad, sad face--I was soooooo ready to get my yoga on. Oh well, what can you do? I'll just have to bring the cd drive out with me next time. Till then yoga, till then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a pretty good lazy day! :) There might be some Youtube Yoga things too if you're jonesing? Maite Zatute.