Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

11/14/11

Weekend Fun in Fall

Chicken Creek, where we branded the first day

In between my weeks in Paradise Valley I have been keeping myself quite busy, this past weekend was my first weekend in Reno in four weeks. The first weekend we were at the ranch branding, which is always a good time. I switched between giving shots and branding calves. The next weekend was Halloween, we went to the ranch again to celebrate with family. And last weekend we went to San Fransisco to sell books at the Basque Cultural Day where we danced the evening away to a great Basque band whose name I can't recall, but I'll try to find out. These weekends have been a lot of fun, but it was really nice to finally have a quiet weekend in Reno, we went hot tubbing and had dinner with friends, I played ultimate for the first time in quite awhile and we went out and had a wonderful dinner with my mom. She is such a great mom and person, I love her soooooo much, thanks mom! Here are some pictures of these fun filled weekends, although I don't have any of my nice, quiet weekend in Reno, oh-well.

Dan excited about branding...or our new truck?

Branding, in action

Lunch time after branding

Gopher snake we found on our way home from the branding

Halloween I was a flower and Dan, a bee

Our friends, dead skiers

Basque Cultural Center, where we celebrated Basque Cultural Day

Making friends at Basque Cultural Day

No comments: