Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

3/2/12

First Wildflower 2012

On Sunday we took the family out for a little day hike and much to my surprise I saw my first wildflower of the 2012 season!  I'm pretty sure this is the earliest I've seen a wildflower. I marked my calendar February 26, 2012. 

Here it is!!!


 Lomatium

It was a Nevada Biscuitroot (Lomatium nevadense), which is an early bloomer and is always among the first wildflowers I see each season. 

It was crazy though, finding this wildflower on Sunday, I woke up Monday morning to about a half foot of snow on the ground.  Hopefully this little guy was able to tough out the storm. 

No comments: