Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

1/15/14

Lei-Out 2014

I spent the weekend playing one of my favorite sports--ultimate frisbee!  It was Lei-out, a beach tournament in Santa Monica, CA.  It was nice and warm aaaaaand will hopefully help me get my butt back into some sort of shape.  Since I injured my foot over a year ago, I haven't been running as much and hence feel a bit sluggish.

Spending two days running around in deep sand is a lot of work and I was toast afterward, but it felt great, especially after the holiday season.  We played 4 games on Saturday went 2-2, but the games we lost were very close.  Sunday you're guaranteed two games.  We lost our first one but won our second and third ones so we ended up playing a fourth game for a total of 8 games over the weekend.  That's a lot of ultimate frisbee--and it was awesome!  What a great weekend!

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures.  If any of my teammates post pictures I'll share.

No comments: