Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

4/5/11

This is a Story All About How the Weather got Flipped, Turned Upsidedown

Please excuse the musical introduction, but the weather we've been having lately made me think of that song. We went from super snowstorms to balmy springlike/summerlike weather. A little over a week ago we had to cancel two of our snowshoe trips as a result of too much snow, now we are having to put on a ton of sunscreen and strip off layers to keep from over heating--what a difference a week can make.

Supposedly, it is going to get cold and rainy again, but in Nevada it seems as if the weather is always surprising us and keeping us on our toes. I have to say, it was fun having all that snow late in the season and, as we know, Nevada needs all the moisture it can get. However, I am ready for spring and summer. So, if it does get cold this week I'm hoping it only lasts for a little while.

P.S. my computer is broken and I haven't been able to upload any of my pics. Hopefully it will get fixed soon--I have some fun wildflower posts I want to share.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, funny, now it's getting windy again! You know what they say about the weather in Nevada . . .