Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

11/29/11

A Few of My Favorite Things

Mountains and awesome cloudy skies are most definitely a few of my favorite things--although this is not a great picture

Alright, while reading this post you must hum and/or sing the Sound of Music's, My Favorite Things. This can be done silently in your head, out loud, at the top of your lungs or anywhere in between--your choosing.

There is very little that is better than a long holiday weekend spent with a few of your favorite things. On Wednesday evening I came home from Paradise Valley and stopped by the condo where I got to visit with my favorite sister, Erin (fresh in from Flagstaff, AZ) and my favorite mother. I then headed to our house and pretty much fell into a delish pre-thanksgiving meal with my favorite Dan and our housemates.

On Thursday we were lucky enough to spend the morning with a few of our favorite peeps enjoying one of our favorite pastimes--ultimate frisbee of course. After that, we picked up that favorite sister of mine and headed down to Carson/Douglas to have Thanksgiving dinner with my Dad's family. My brothers were super cute, as always and Tanner loved being a ham. Friday we slept in, then took the kids (Dusty, Coco, Bodie and Casper the friendly goat) for a nice, little hike--another favorite pastime of ours. Friday night we did a post-thanksgiving dinner with mom and Erin at one of our favorite restaurants, Bangkok Cuisine, which was yummy as usual. Then we met up with some more of our favorite peeps for a beer at the Tap House.

Ultimate-favorite sport

My favorite puppy kids

My favorite kid kids and their handsome papa--also a favorite of mine

My favorite and gorgeous mother and sister at the yummy Bangkok Cuisine

Saturday morning we met up with my sister and mother for a great breakfast at the Squeeze in then headed off to afternoon pick-up, where we got an ultimate surprise! Our good friend, Wayne, Wayne-O, BTW, Big Tall Wayne--who now lives in Colorado, was in town for the holiday and showed up for some fantastic, frisbee fun. After pick-up we went to Craft for some beers with more of our favorite people.

If you thought we were done with big meals, we were not. On Sunday our good friend Wayne wanted to get some sushi, which we hadn't had for quite some time and definitely did not want to miss out on. We were also supposed to go to a friends' Late-giving, but we had to bail on that because we had to get our house ready for the landlords "walk through" on Monday. Overall it was a great weekend spent doing great things with great people. And, even with all of this, we still missed out on seeing some of our favorite people, but hopefully we'll catch up with them soon. I love my life and the amazing people and critters in it, thank you all!

My sister the pool shark

Ham

Dad and my favorite brothers-the things- at Halloween

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my most favorite things was having you come home from Paradise! :)