Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

1/1/09

10-18-2008: Pannier Day

Dan's Pannier fell off this morning and messed up his back tire (broke about 8-10 of spokes). Luckily it happened early an we were only about 5.5 miles out of Williams. I rode into town and after some asking around for a bit, I found out that the Railside RV Park rents out two vehicles, $120.00 bucks a day...ouch!!! I tried to talk them into giving me a half day rate, but they wouldn't go for it.

Now I'm at camp and Dan has gone into Flagstaff (Williams has no bike shop) to see if he can get his wheel fixed or replaced. I hope so. We are spending a lot of money on bike repairs, at least all of the problems have occurred near towns, so it hasn't been to hard to rent or get rides to places that have bike shops. Crap!!! I just realized that Dan left without taking the wallet. I have no way of getting a hold of him. I hope he realizes it too before he gets all the way to town. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!*

*Dan called me and got the card #. I didn't think the phone would have reception here, I was sooooo surprised to hear the phone ring. Yay!!!

No comments: