The blueprint has 10 basic steps:
- Eat lots of animals, insects and plants - I personally haven't gotten into eating insects yet, but maybe one day.
- Move around a lot at a slow pace - this is one of my favorite steps and is along the same lines as my daily walk/runs.
- Lift heavy things occasionally.
- Run really fast every once in a while.
- Get lots of sleep - who can argue with that?
- Play - I love to play, lately I've been playing ultimate frisbee (which Mark is a fan of...yay!), gymnastics and aerial silks.
- Get some sunlight everyday.
- Avoid trauma - although I don't think he intends this to mean play it safe, he is an advocate for play which has some inherent dangers in it.
- Avoid poisonous things.
- Use your mind - what...you want me to think?
At this point I am unable to start much of a garden, living in a small condo, and since I have to make due in the modern world, I do buy most of my food from the grocery. At the grocery I do try to buy organic, local produce and meats when I can. Hopefully soon I'll have a place where I can start a garden and greenhouse.