Quote of the Week, Perhaps a Bit Longer

"The biological community is a vast and complicated system for sharing and distributing the energy of the sun among a diversity of life forms." ~Martson Bates

1/21/12

Crafty, Crafty, Crafty!!!

I admit it, I am not all that crafty, but sometimes I like to pretend that I am, especially around the holidays. So, this Christmas I got to feeling crafty and decided to paint wine glasses, mugs and bowls. It was quite the endeavor though, especially the wine glasses. The mugs were the easiest, which was a nice surprise, since I did them last. Painting glass that you can't lie down or it will roll away, is trickier than I would have thought, the paint runs, the glass doesn't hold/accept the paint readily and I accidentally kept putting my fingers into drying paint, arrrrg! After awhile I did manage to find a technique that worked well for me--the main part of that technique was being much, much more patient than I really wanted to be. In the end I think all the projects turned out relatively respectable. Here are some pictures:

Mom and Erin's wine glasses--mom loves putting strawberries in her wine!

More wine glasses

The mugs

Crafty!!! Apparently I forgot to take pictures of the kids bowls, which is too bad, there were some cute penguins and snowmen and stockings and whatnot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They looked great, and thanks for my beer glass ;)

Anonymous said...

I love my strawberry glass. I can't wait until it is strawberry time. Love, Mom